On Sunday, July 20th, at 10:00 AM EST, the Ontological Geek (and friends) will be playing a game of Civilization V: Brave New World. These are the players, in alphabetical order:
- Bill Coberly, playing Pocatello of the Shoshone.
- Hannah DuVoix, playing Enrico Dandolo of Venice.
- Jon Hamlin, playing Ahmad al-Mansur of Morocco.
- Daniel Joseph, playing Napoleon of France.
- Joe Köller, playing Maria Theresa of Austria.
- Cameron Kunzelman, playing Oda Nobunaga of Japan.
- Braden Medders, playing George Washington of America.
- Matt Schanuel, playing Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon.
- Zoya Street, playing Genghis Khan of Mongolia.
- Oscar Strik, playing Willem van Oranje of the Netherlands.
- Amsel von Spreckelsen, playing Ramkhamhaeng of Siam.
- MAYBE YOU
The game begins at 10:00 AM EST, and will be livetweeted with the hashtag #OntoCiv, and streamed on Twitch! Hannah, Matt, Cameron and Amsel will all be streaming on their own Twitch channels, and you will be able to see a composite of all four streams here.
Also, as you can see, as of 1:36 PM EST on the 19th, we do have one spot open! If you’re interested in taking this spot, e-mail Bill Coberly at firstname.lastname@example.org! You will need to have the base game, Gods & Kings, Brave New World, the Babylon DLC and the Wonders of the Ancient World DLC. You’re welcome to join even if you don’t think you can play to the end of the game (which could be a very long time from the start), or if you have to join us a little bit after 10:00 AM!
In the meantime, good luck to all participants, and we’ll just have to see who can build a civilization can stand the test of time!